Almond Joy Easter Eggs
- Baking sheet
- Parchment or Wax Paper
- Sauce Pan
- Heatproof Bowl
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp almond extract optional
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 12 whole almonds
- 3 ounces Ross Chocolates dark or milk, your choice chopped
- 1/2 ounce cocoa butter
- Prepare all the ingredients for the recipe.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream to a simmer and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sweetener
- and almond extract.
- Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate mixture for about 30 minutes to thicken.
- Scoop out onto the prepared baking sheet, making 12 even mounds. Using your spoon, shape the mounds into ovals or egg shapes. Place on almond on top of each, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Place on almond on top of each, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt chocolate and cocoa butter together until smooth.
- Dip the frozen mounds into the chocolate coating with a fork and tap fork firmly against the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place back on waxed paper and let set, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Happy Easter and enjoy!
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.04g | Protein: 1.48g | Fat: 14.5g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Fiber: 2.9g