Bountiful Coconut Chocolate Bar
- Mixing spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Tupperware container or baking sheet (approx. 5.5 x 4 inches)
- Greaseproof paper
- 200 g 6 bars Ross milk chocolate
- a pinch of salt
- 1 heaped tsp coconut oil
- 1½ cups dessicated/shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp Swerve sweetener
- 1½ Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp 60 mL water
- Lay out all of the ingredients.
- Place the coconut oil in a small saucepan, and heat gently until melted.
- Then add the dessicated coconut, sugar and water. Mix for a couple of minutes, then remove and set aside to cool.
- Place your chocolate ingredients together in a glass bowl, and microwave until melted – a minute or so on full should do the job.
- Otherwise the bain marie method will do.
- Next, pour a few spoons of the chocolate in the base of the tupperware bowl (therefore sitting on top of the greaseproof paper base). Place in the freezer to solidify – 20 minutes or so should do the trick.
- Remove from freezer, and spoon the coconut filling on top of the chocolate base, and place in the freezer for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, and pour the remaining chocolate on top of the coconut filling – and once again, place in the freezer for a further 20 minutes.
- When it is solid, but not frozen, remove from freezer, and turn upside down. Remove the greaseproof paper.
- Cut into your desired shapes. Keep in an airtight container, and consume within 3 days.
Note: original recipe published on www.yummly.com