Keto Chocolate Mousse Tarts
Servings: 18 tarts
- Mini muffin tin sprayed with oil
- 2 medium mixing bowls
- Small bowl (using microwave) OR small pan (using stove top) to melt butter
- Small bowl (using microwave) OR double-boiler (using stove top) to melt chocolate
- Closable plastic bag (ie, Ziploc) with one corner snipped on angle OR pastry bag with appropriate tip, for piping mousse
- Wire rack, for cooling
- Hand mixer, spoon, or egg beater to whip cream
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup whey protein
- 2 tbsp erythritol sweetener of choice
- 1/8 tsp baking soda (a good pinch should do it)
- 1 tsp salt (again, a good pinch should do it)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 2 egg yolks
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp erythritol sweetener of choice
- 3 oz (85g) Ross Dark Chocolate (one pouch of minis), chopped or broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 C)
- Mix butter and cream. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix coconut, almond flour, whey powder, erythritol, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the butter and cream mixture. Mix well.
- Use a tablespoon to spoon pastry into each muffin tin and flatten each to form a tart shell.
- Press pastry using rolling pin or something similar to form a good circle
- Bake for about 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove shells from pan and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Melt the chopped chocolate in microwave (uses 20-second intervals, stir in between) or use double-boiler. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whip cream to firm peaks, adding vanilla towards the end of whipping.
- Mix egg yolks and salt in clean medium bowl.
- Add chocolate to the egg yolks and stir well with spatula.
- Add a couple of spoonfuls of whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and stir to loosen a bit.
- Add the remaining whipped cream and fold through.
- Put chocolate mousse mixture in a zipped plastic bag or use pastry bag to pipe the mousse into each tart shell.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Serve with fresh berries or shaved Ross Dark Chocolate on top and enjoy!
Serving: 1tart | Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g