Keto Christmas Chocolates
Servings: 20 Chocolates
- hand mixer
- Mixing spoon
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet or tray
- Toothpicks or BBQ sticks
- 1/4 cup cream cheese softened 60g
- 1/4 cup salted butter softened 60g
- 2 tbsp coconut oil room temperature or softened slightly if hardened, 30g
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp almond flour 120g
- 3/4 cup powdered monkfruit/erythritol sweetener 140g
- 1/2 tsp pure mint or almond extract completely optional, we didn't use it
- 1/4 tsp red food colouring you might adjust the quantity based on the colour strength you want
- 1/4 tsp green food colouring you might adjust the quantity based on the colour strength you want
- In a bowl, add your softened cream cheese, butter and coconut oil. Use a hand mixer or a hand blender to blend until smooth (about 1-2min).
- Next add your almond flour and sweetener and mix using a spoon until a soft dough forms.
- Add half of the dough to a separate bowl and add green colouring to one and red to the other original bowl.
- Mix the colouring to the dough and then chill.
- Take a small piece of red dough and a small piece of green and gently roll them together in your hands to form a soft ball.
- Place the balls on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet or tray and repeat for this process for the rest of the dough.
- Freeze the dough balls for ~30min before coating.
- Add your chopped Ross Chocolates bars and coconut oil to a small bowl and microwave in 30s increments until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Dip each dough ball gently in the chocolate mixture using a spoon to coat. We used bbq sticks (or toothpicks) to hold the dough balls then dip in the chocolate mixture.
- Place the dipped dough balls back on the parchment lined tray and sprinkle red edible glitter or sprinkles on top of each one as you go (you want to do this before the chocolate sets).
- Once all of the dough balls are coated, place them back in the freezer for at least an hour before serving.
- Store in an airtight container or large plastic bag in the fridge or freezer.
Serving: 1Chocolate | Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 0.6g | Fat: 7g | Fiber: 2g
Note: original recipe published on Mouthwateringmotivation.com