Keto Nanaimo Bars
Servings: 20 bars
- 8 x 8 pan
- Parchment paper
- hand mixer
- heatproof mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Bob&Red Mill finely ground almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter softened to whip
- 3 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tbsp Birds Custard
- 3 oz Ross milk chocolate
- 1 oz Ross dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- Melt the ½ cup of butter in a saucepan on low heat and add 1/3 cup cocoa powder and ¼ cup swerve.
- Once combined, whisk in the egg and raise the heat slightly and cook until it thickens, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the stove and using a spatula, add the 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 cup almond flour, 1 cup shredded coconut and ¾ cup pecans. Mix until evenly textured.
- Press the base mixture into an 8x8 square pan lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for an hour.
- While the base is firming up in the fridge, you can make the cream filling.
- Beat the ¼ cup butter with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add in 2 tablespoons custard powder and 3 tablespoons of swerve.
- Remove the base from the fridge and spread the cream filling over the base and return to the fridge for another hour.
- I like to use a glass heatproof mixing bowl over a pot of simmering water. Combine the Ross dark and milk chocolate chopped chocolate and butter in in the heated mixing bowl. Stirring constantly until the chocolate is a smooth texture.
- Once melted, quickly and carefully spread the chocolate over the cream base.
- Return the pan to the fridge for at least 30 min before cutting into bars and serving.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 19g