Sugar-Free Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
Easter is coming soon, but these are great anytime of the year. Our Chocolate PeanutButter Easter Eggs can be made with any nut butter you like, maybe try a few to create some variety. Or use different flavours of Ross Sugar Free Chocolate to mix things up (Ross Dark with Sea Salt with peanut or almond butter, perhaps). No matter your chosen flavours, this recipe has our Keto Verified Emblem because each one is a low 3 net carbs per serving.
Servings: 12 eggs
- Microwave safe bowl or double boiler
- Easter egg mold (silicone is recommended)
- Parchment paper
- Sharp knife to chop chocolate
- 3/4 cup nature peanut butter no sugar added
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp liquid stevia or sweetener of your choice
- Melt the peanut butter and coconut oil in a double boiler or in a microwave on high for 30-60 seconds; stir until completely combined.
- Stir in the vanilla and sweetener. Taste and adjust sweetener.
- Fill the egg molds halfway each and freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove the filling from the molds and set aside on parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate halfway up each mold.
- Drop the frozen peanut butter eggs, pattern side facedown into the chocolate and press down so the chocolate encases the peanut butter.
- If necessary, spread the chocolate to complexly cover the peanut butter in each mold, with a spoon or spatula. Place in the freezer until hardened, about 1 hour.
Store in the refrigerator.
Serving: 1egg | Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 53mg | Potassium: 1mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg
Note: original recipe published on https://www.sugarfreemom.com/