Low Carb Keto Chocolate Protein Bars
Super quick-to-make, healthy bars with crunchy sunflower seeds embedded in chocolate. Sugar-free delights for your lunchbox, hike, or just as a mid-afternoon or evening snack. A great diabetic recipe for chocoholics!
Servings: 12 bars
- Food processor
- Parchment paper lined loaf pan (9.5in x 5.5in)
- 4 ounces sunflower seeds raw unsalted
- 4 ounces sunflower seed butter or tahini
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder or 75 grams
- 1 pouch Ross Dark Chocolate Baking Chips or 200 grams
- ¾ cup Swerve confectioners sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter softened or coconut oil
- Optional Coating: ½ cup sugar free chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon butter
- Chop 1 package Ross Dark Chocolate Baking Chips using food processor. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth. Scrape down sides and blend again. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.
- Spread batter into a parchment lined 9.5 x 5.5 inches loaf pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Slice into 12 bars.
- Freeze for 30 minutes if you are planning on adding the optional chocolate coating.
- If using optional chocolate coating, melt Ross Dark Chocolate Baking Chips and butter in microwave for 1 minute or stove top. Stir until smooth and no lumps. Drizzle over the sliced protein bars.
Storage: Refrigeration is not needed and these can stay on your counter in an airtight container, but in hot summer months it is best to keep them refrigerated.
Note: original recipe published on https://www.sugarfreemom.com/