Recent News Posts
Keto Chocolate Cake Pops
Cake pops are a great way to have a treat without too much fat while still being keto- and diabetic-friendly. These ones are double-chocolate, which makes them doubly good! A fun treat ideal for both kids and adults. Try using Ross' different flavoured milk and dark chocolates in combinations to create new taste sensations (how about coating the pops with Ross Dark with Sea Salt chocolate? Or make a Milk with Lemon and Coconut chocolate cake pop?).
Course: Dessert, Snack
Keyword: Cake pops, Chocolate, Keto
Servings: 24 Cake Pops
- 9x9 in Cake pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Cake pop or lollipop sticks
- Piping bag or sandwich bag
- 1 ½ cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup Granulated Erythritol
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs room temp
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk room temp
- 4 bars (136 g) Milk Ross Chocolates chopped
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 2 bars (68 g) Dark Ross Chocolates chopped
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a 9x9 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, stir together the almond flour, erythritol, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined and no dry spots remain.
- Transfer to the pan and bake for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
- Once cooled, remove the cake from pan.
- Use your hands to crumble the cake into small pieces and then transfer them to a large bowl stand-alone mixer.
- Melt ¼ cup (or 1 bar) of the milk chocolate and add it into the cake crumbles and mix until combined. The mixture should resemble dough (you can add more melted chocolate if needed).
- Use a cookie scooper or 1 tbsp measuring spoon to make 23-25 cake balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill.
- Melt 3 bars of milk chocolate with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Set aside a small amount of melted chocolate and dip the tips of the lollipop sticks so that the cake balls will bond well. Carefully push the stick into the balls.
- Pour the remaining melted milk chocolate in a skinny glass. Dip the cake pops. Tap and roll to remove excess chocolate.
- Insert the chocolate covered cake pops with the sticks to any styrofoam surface. Chill until chocolate is solid.
- OPTIONAL: Melt 2 bars of dark Ross Chocolates and pour into the piping bag (we used only a sandwich bag and snipped a small hole in one corner). Pipe the dark chocolate on the cake pops to decorate.
- Store in an airtight container, and keep in the fridge for up to 10 days
- You may freeze for up to 3 months. Place in a tightly sealed container before storing
Serving: 1cake pop | Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg