Sugar & Gluten Free Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies?!? The name tells you these cookies are going to excite your taste buds! A peppery twist makes these sugar-free chocolate cookies a sweet-and-spicy sensation. This diabetes-friendly recipe lets you take a “cup” of sugar-free hot chocolate anywhere you go!
Servings: 36 cookies
- 2 ¼ cups gluten free flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon divided
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp cream of tarter
- 17 tbsp butter softened to room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar alternative
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Ross dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper.In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, black pepper, baking soda, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, Cayenne pepper, and cream of tartar. Set this bowl aside.
- In the mixing bowl, cream together the butter with one cup of the sugar. Once creamed, you can add the dry ingredients prepared in step 2. Add half at a time, gently stirring between additions.
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring gently. And then the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together the remaining sugar alternative and cinnamon.
- To form the cookies, use a tablespoon or similar item to scoop out dough. Form a ball with each ball of dough and then flatten it onto the prepped baking sheets.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar alternative with cinnamon that is in the small bowl onto the cookies.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until the cookies begin to crack. Allow to cool on the baking sheets.
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 202IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg
Note: original cookie recipe published on thesugarfreediva.com