Editor of Confectionery Production magazine, Neill Barston, speaks exclusively to Phil Hemmings, sales manager at Ross Chocolates, on its no added sugar range of chocolate designed for diabetics, which is seeing a rise in popularity amid wider healthy confectionery ranges.
Recent News Posts
Heart chocolate glazed donuts
Course: Breakfast, Dessert
Servings: 6 donuts (1 per person)
- Donut silicone mold (heart shaped or round)
- Mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- Cooling rack
- 1.5 cups almond flour or 150 grams
- 1/2 cups Swerve granulated or 96 grams of your favorite sugar substitute
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract get the good stuff -- pure vanilla has the best flavor
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4-5 dark Ross Chocolates bars chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp water
- sprinkles optional
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place all of the donut ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the donut pan (we used silicone pan) and bake 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a donut comes out clean.
- Melt chocolate in microwave on medium heat for 2 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Add softened butter and water until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Cool for about 5 minutes and dip each donut into the glaze.
- Add sprinkles of your choice (optional).
- Shared with your loved ones and enjoy!
- Note: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 131mg | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 449IU | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 2mg