Editor of Confectionery Production magazine, Neill Barston, speaks exclusively to Phil Hemmings, sales manager at Ross Chocolates, on its no added sugar range of chocolate designed for diabetics, which is seeing a rise in popularity amid wider healthy confectionery ranges.
Recent News Posts
Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles
Servings: 20 truffles
- Ceramic/glass dish
- Large bowl
- Electric beaters or whisk
- Baking sheet
- Parchment/wax paper
- Medium pot
- Glass or metal bowl
- 250 g cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 bars 34 g each Ross Dark Chocolate - chopped
- Chopped almonds
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Dark chocolate drizzle
- Preheat oven to 300F and grease a ceramic/glass dish.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, pumpkin puree and sweetener together until well combined. Beat in eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until puffed and set. Remove from oven and let cool in pan, then cover tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- When cheesecake is fully chilled, line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Using wet hands, scoop and roll cheesecake into 1-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Set a metal or ceramic bowl over barely simmering water. Do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water. Melt butter and chocolate together until smooth.
- Dip frozen cheesecake balls into chocolate with a fork and turn to coat. Remove with a fork and tap lightly against the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Place on wax/parchment paper lined baking sheet. This is the time to put any toppings you want (I used chocolate drizzle, roasted pumpkin seeds and chopped almonds). Or you can can just leave it as plain!
- Once toppings are on let it set about 20 minutes. Store in refrigerator.
- Share and enjoy!
Serving: 2truffles | Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.49g | Protein: 2.86g | Fat: 11.48g